Wednesday, February 25, 2009

# 22 Podcasts

I do like the idea of radio that I can pick and choose for myself, and today added NPR book reviews and author interviews to my iTunes playlist.

Searching podcast.com (podcast.net, suggested on the NVDPL playground no longer exists: is podcast.com its replacement?), I discovered and listened to a delectable podcast for learning Spanish called Coffee Break Spanish. Mark, the instructor, has a lovely, sexy Scottish accent.

The intro music has a Latin beat and the jingles are a nutty mix of Scots and Spanish. Mark and his student, Kara, also teach the basics of other languages including French, German, Italian, Mandarin, Danish, Catalan. I can see these easy lessons would be fun for holiday learning.

I also checked the the radio section, and along list of podcasts available through CBC radio including some of my favourite programs, like Ideas, Writers and Company, C'est la vie.... Might come in handy. I'll subscribe.

By the way, I've targeted a sample episode of the NPR book review program on podcast.com. Just hit "play now" as well as the start arrow on the playing machine at the top right hand corner of the site.

No comments:

Post a Comment