I've played around with RSS feeds for a few days. Will be interesting to see whether I use them. They will certainly be more useful than "Favorites", and I will be able to check them both at work and at home, which will be good. I like the way you can choose individual articles directly from the reader page, and don't have to check the individual website for material of interest.
I have put my news feeds up (eg CBC, BBC special correspondents) there with the weather report, right on to my google home page. Even more direct than the Reader page.
My current blog choices are for my homey interests: cooking (cooking light), knitting (knitty blog), piano music (free piano sheet music)...pursuits for which, in the past, I'd have looked in magazines for inspiration. I don't know whether I'll stick with these blogs. The knitty one looks particularly irritating. So I'll continue to search for other feeds....just as I used to flip through magazines.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment